European Resources Forum (ERF 2012)
|Start Date:||Nov 12 2012|
|End Date:||Nov 13 2012|
With the background of the "Roadmap to a Resource Efficient Europe" presented by the EU Commission in September 2011 and the "German Resource Efficiency Programme" (ProgRess) adopted by the German Federal Cabinet in February 2012, the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA) is hosting the first European Resources Forum (ERF) in Berlin on 12-13 November 2012.
Focus topics of the 1st European Resources Forum (ERF 2012) are:
- Resource efficiency – the perspective of European member states
- Perspectives of a green, resource-efficient economy
- The financial sector as a driver for resource efficiency
- Natural resources - to whom do they belong?
- Sustainable land use – challenges and solutions
- Beyond growth - the role of resource efficiency
- Resource efficiency – awareness raising and communication
The objective of the conference is to discuss necessary implementation steps, approaches and measures for a sustainable resource use and to promote alliances between stakeholders and to set up networks. Target groups are decision-makers and experts from the fields of policy development, industry, scientists and scholars from natural and social sciences, civil society and the media in the context of resource efficiency and sustainable resource use.